Little Adams Peak is found in Ella Sri Lanka, a region best known for its spectacular mountain ranges, tea plantations, waterfalls and hiking trails. Before visiting Ella I was already excited about the hiking options. Even more so after arriving and seeing the beautiful mountainous terrain.
The great thing about Little Adams Peak is that you will get some of the best views in the world, without a massive hike.
Hiking Little Adam’s Peak Trail
The trail to Little Adam’s peak takes approximately 20 – 40 minutes one way, depending on how fast you walk and how many photos you take.
The trail begins with a moderate incline as it winds through tea plantations. There are some great photo opportunities early in the hike so keep your eyes peeled.
After 5-10 minutes of walking, you will reach a set of stairs that will lead you to the top of Little Adams Peak.
You will know you have reached the top when you see Buddhas sitting on the peak.
For those looking for more, you have the option to continue along the trail to a second mountain peak. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes extra one way.
The view is similar at the second peak but I still recommend making the effort to do both.
There are plenty of perfect rocks and viewpoints to take photos from at the top of Little Adams Peak.
Getting to Little Adams Peak
The trail to Little Adams Peak starts near 98 Acres Resort. You could hike a moped to ride out here, or you could take a tuk-tuk from Ella.
It is a very popular hike so you will see people entering the trail and can always stop to ask locals for directions.
Packing for Little Adams Peak
The trail is exposed so a hat, sunscreen and water are hihgly recommended. And as always, don’t forget to pack your camera.
Tips for hiking Little Adams Peak
- Leave early to hike Little Adams Peak, the earlier you leave, the cooler and less crowded it will be.
- The trail is exposed, so sunscreen is HIGHLY recommended.
- Stop in at Bar 98 (98 Acres Resort) after your hike to enjoy lunch, the food is delicious.
- If you take any rubbish on the Little Adam’s Peak hike, make sure you bring it home and put it in a bin.
Other hikes in the area
Another amazing hike in the area is Ella Rock. This is everything you need to know about hiking Ella Rock.
Other things to do in Sri Lanka
- Go on a safari in Udawalawe National Park
- Visit Sigiriya Rock
- Photograph the country – these are the 15 best Instagram spots!
- Visit Mulgirigala Raja Maha Vihara in Tangalle.