I have called the Gold Coast home for several years now. My appreciation for the beauty of the Gold Coast has only grown. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the world that ticks all the boxes for me: perfect climate, pristine beaches, lush hinterland and rainforests, waterfalls and hiking trails to choose from, in addition to amazing cafes and restaurants. Here are 101 Things to do in Gold Coast, well not literally, but it’s enough to keep you busy for months.
Adventure activities in Gold Coast
1. Jet Boarding on the Gold Coast Broadwater
2. Hot Air Ballooning over the Gold Coast – check out this review.
4. Climb the Q1 – Gold Coasts tallest building
5. Take a jet boating tour around the Broadwater. Get your tickets for Jet boating here.
6. Hire a jet ski from Main beach and explore the Broadwater
7. Go whale watching. This tour guarantees you will see whales or you get your money back.
8. Skydive over Byron Bay, if you dare? Book your skydiving tour here.
Things to do in Gold Coast’s South
9. Walk the border of NSW and QLD at Point Danger
10. Explore the Snapper Rocks Rockpools
11. Have lunch at Rainbow Bay Surfclub
12. Surf at Kirra Point, Dbah or Snapper Rocks
13. Get some photos at Green mount headland
14. Watch the worlds best surfers at the Quicksilver Pro at Snapper Rocks in March every year
15. Have a BBQ at Kirra Lookout
17. Stand Up Paddle Board at Currumbin Alley
18. Explore Elephant Rock in Currumbin
19. Check out the artwork along the beach in Currumbin during Swell Sculpture festival in September every year
20. Enjoy an Acai Bowl on the beach from Tugun Fruit and Flowers in Tugun
21. Kayak at Tallebudgera Creek
22. Jump off the Tallebudgera Bridge
23. Hike to Tumgun lookout in Burleigh Heads Nature Reserve
24. Enjoy a sunset picnic on Burleigh Headland
25. Spend a day at Burleigh Beach
26. Eat the best vegetarian food on the Gold Coast at Govindas in Burleigh
27. Get photos from North Burleigh Headland
28. Have breakfast at Paddock bakery
29. Grab a fresh Juice from the Burleigh Fruit Shop
30. Take a dip in the Currumbin rock pools
31. Cuddle a Koala at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Get your tickets to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary here.
32. Day trip to Byron Bay
Things to do in Gold Coast’s North
35. Enjoy breakfast at Cardamon Pod Brickworks
36. Shop at Pacific Fair in Broadbeach
37. Enjoy a street feast at Hideaway – my favourite restaurant on the Gold Coast
39. Have breakfast at Bumbles – Budds Beach
41. Shop for bargains at Harbour Town Shopping Centre
42. Enjoy a night out in Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach
43. Sail through Sunset on the Gold Coast Broadwater
44. Relax on Surfers Paradise Beach
45. Overindulge at the buffet breakfast at Sheraton Mirage
Things to do in Gold Coast Hinterland
46. Hike to Purlingbrook falls in Springbrook
47. Admire the view at the Best of all lookouts – Springbrook
48. Swim at Cedar Creek Falls – Mount Tamborine
49. Take a high ropes tour at Thunderbird park – Mount Tamborine
50. Indulge in a winery tour at Mount Tamborine. You can book Taste Of Tamborine Brewery tours leaving from the Gold Coast here.
51. Visit the Natural Arch in Springbrook at night to admire the glow worms.
52. Horse ride through the Gold Coast Hinterland
53. Take a swim at Twin Falls in Springbrook
55. Swim at Lip Falls – Beechmont
56. Visit O’Reilly’s Green Mountain. Book a tour here.
Enjoy these activities anywhere on the Gold Coast
57. Enjoy a long beach walk
58. Hire a bike and ride along the Esplanade
59. Swim in the ocean
60. Relax on one of the Gold Coasts Best Beaches
This comprehensive list of things to do in Gold Coast should keep you busy for months. If you are visiting the Gold Coast I would love to hear from you.
Disclosure: This post on things to do in Gold Coast contains affiliate links.